Friday, April 29, 2011

Impossible with Craigslist and Ebay

I don't think I could have been a triathlete before Craigslist or Ebay.  I would have been just a runner and mountain bike rider.

All my key triathlon gear is "New to me" which is a dignified way of saying USED!

I really don't mind having stuff that is used, it just means that I don't have to be the first one to scratch or dent them.

My wetsuit was from craigslist.  Road and TT bike from ebay.  Bike shoes from Craigslist. 

I was starting to type that I wear new clothes but most of my bike jerseys were given to me. 

I sound really cheap and maybe I am.  But I personally don't feel cheap, I feel lucky that I get to use great equipment that is fast but I couldn't afford new.  I'm picky about my stuff and thanks to the web I've been able to be picky and cheap.

If it wasn't for Ebay and Craigslist I'd be riding my mountain bike with slicks and racing in my rafting wetsuit.  I'd also probably still be pretty happy and have a bit more money in the bank.  So impossible may be too strong of a word in the title, but I'll stick with it because it would have been impossible to make people feel so good about passing me without all the expensive looking gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment