Wednesday, November 2, 2011

What I'd miss if I didn't run

I keep thinking that I will literally run out of things to write about based on my lunch runs.  As I ran today I scared off a bunch of geese but I wasn't surprised because I already knew I was a predator.  I also wasn't too surprised to see barefoot running guy or people lined up to climb a tree.

Yet I did see something that was note worthy and a warning to most of us who are afraid of "crossing the line of decency".

One of the recent inventions that I don't like is dog sweaters.  I just don't understand that after thousands of years of domestication, people had to breed for total dependence on people.  You'd think that rather than breeding dogs that require sweaters, being carried, and owners to carry and plastic bags and pick-up poop that breeders would have finally developed a breed which cleans up the house, carries it's own poop and eats compost.

And so today when I saw a dog in a green argyle sweater, I immediately started my inside rant, and then I noticed something that left me speechless.  A sort of "whuuu" left my lips and I heard a distinct ringing in my ears. 

The man walking the dog was also wearing a sweater...a green argyle sweater...which matched the dog.  A line of common decency was crossed.

I should stopped and taken a picture and then used my phone to call some sort of help line to arrange an intervention, but instead, since I am a runner, I just kept going.  Can't stop...

And so now I sit here writing, looking forward to what my next run has in store.  Maybe he will be out again, this time with a matching hat and sweater and I can respond appropriately.

No comments:

Post a Comment