Monday, November 21, 2011

Starting is way harder than stopping

I'm back to being a triathlete.  I had a pretty rough fall with a lot of travel, moved across town, a cold, vacation to and being tired and lazy. 

So with the time change and return from the heartland, I started to train again.  I thought I would write this point about a week ago but didn't because I didn't want to jinx my comeback. 

Starting back is tough, since I feel so much shame over not being in the shape that I was.  I rode 50 miles with my brother and one of his teammates (discovered later he is podium regular in CAT 3) and I barely survived.  He had me ride his FELT F3 with Quarq so that I could see my power numbers.  All I can say is that I didn't need 3 hours in front of the computer after a 3 hour ride to confirm that I am not that powerful and need to ride more.

So now I'm back to my lunch runs, morning swim/bike and life and I'm happy to be back.  I feel better when training and am confident that I'll be ready for racing this spring.  I've now run in the wet, scraped windows to go swimming and have made my pain cave mine.

Now if I can only remember how hard it is to get going, maybe I'll not stop again.

No comments:

Post a Comment