Wednesday, October 5, 2011

No Crisis or Bucket

I'm turning 40 in a few hours and I'm pretty excited about it.  I don't have a sense of dread and I'm not down or feeling pitiful about the inevitable.

First, I'm not in crisis, I'm feeling strong and good about my life.  I feel like I have less to prove to others than ever before and more to prove to myself.  I am a triathlete because I enjoy training and racing.  I'm a dad who loves being a dad.  I'm a husband who wants to be a great husband.

No buckets either.  I'm not living life getting ready for death.  I am enjoying what I have today and even though life is busy and I have much more stress than training, I am choosing to focus on today.  I don't do triathlons to check something off so I can finish life with a list, I do it because I feel I was made to enjoy this torture.

So, I'm aging and life seems to be picking up a pace I have never felt before, however, no regrets and lots of enjoying the people and things I get to do.

What are my plans for my 40's?  Don't have any but I do expect to enjoy the years.

For the few who are looking for less philosophy and more funny, I'll work on being more interesting, funny and helpful, just hang on while I mature.

No comments:

Post a Comment