Monday, November 1, 2010

My family is sick!

Take this comment in both senses (is that how you say two ways)?  The first way is literal sickness.  The second is from my 1980-1990 heritage of snowboarding, skateboarding, being a punk.  That time of my life was sick (as in wicked awesome)

First, my wife and daughters are all feeling ucky in its various forms.  If one person had all three of their maladies it would include stomach aches, funny nose, congestion, green snot and everything seeming loud.  My oldest woke me up at 2:30 this morning to tell me the train was too noisy, even though the tracks are about 2 miles from our house and I could barely hear the whistle.

Second, my oldest brother and his wife just gave me my Christmas present.  He registered me for the Full Vineman which will be raced on July 30.  He also sent out invites to most of our family and is making a big reunion cheering festival over it.  If racing wasn't enough, now I need to explain to people why I'm not going to win.  Even though I was planing on registering for this event, having it paid for and having such family suport is plain sick!

Now that I have your sympathy and jealousy, I can go back to dreaming of winning Vineman.

No comments:

Post a Comment