Thursday, July 5, 2012

Up yours

I noticed that I told a lot of stories yesterday. Really good stories that included bears, eagles, famous people, every pro cyclist I've met(not the same as famous people) and no doubt a wealth of other interesting things.

So what interupted my sleep last night wasn't just the non stop fireworks but was this nagging embarrassment that I wasted some great conversations during the day by playing "up yours" in which I told my better and more interesting story.

There are a lot of things that I'm trying to teach my girls but "up yours" isn't one of them. So I ran today and made some commitments to be silent, give others my attention and to enjoy giving rather than getting the limelight. Can you imagine what a total jerk I'd be if I didn't have swim/bike/run to bring some focus, perspective and commitment to my life?

What are you learning and changing?

No comments:

Post a Comment