Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I'm that person

I tend to have a just do it attitude yet this has been one of the lowest years of training motivation for me.  I love to exercise and I feel, think and am generally a nicer person when I am training.  This year's training has been horrible.  I could list off a bunch of reasons (excuses) but I won't bore you with those or allow them to hold be back.

Here is the reality - I have 81 days until Ironman Canada and for this year I have trained for:
Bike - 165 Miles
Run - 103.42 Miles
Swim - 29000 Yards (16.57 Miles)

What this means is that I have barely trained the equivalent of a IM event and it took me 6 months.

This makes me want to quit because I am nowhere near where I intended to be at this point.  However, today I choose to train.

I have 81 days to get to the beach in the best shape possible.  My plan is to be patient, positive and persistent in my training (I love alliteration).  It is hard not to start going crazy and panic training but I can't afford to be injured so my new focus is also a "p" - pacing.

I could also use your encouragement.





4 comments:

  1. You can do this! Just buckle down and find your ironman mojo. Lay out your plan and take it day-by-day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. Great advice and I'll post mojo delivering plan soon

      Delete
  2. Hang in there! You're signed up and committed at this point. Like Amy said, lay out your plan and get going! You might find that you aren't as far back as you thought. Go into it to FINISH!

    ReplyDelete